Timing: We try to ship orders for block kits within 24 hours (order before 3PM CST). Blocks will typically arrive everywhere in the US in five working days, most places sooner. You can order in a number of ways:
(1) Online using the secure Shopping Cart (VISA, MC, AMEX, DISCOVER). This is by far the easiest and most reliable way to order. It assures that the errors inherent in phone orders are eliminated because you do the typing, it avoids bad connections, and it allows you to order 24/7. Our shopping cart will allow you to use VISA, MC, DISC, AMEX, PayPal, e-check, check or Purchase Order.
(2) By telephone at 1-877-606-4374 (toll free). A real person is available during most business hours and there are no buttons to push. We like to talk about our blocks. By telephone, we accept AMEX, MC, DISCOVER, VISA, or CHECK.
(3) By Purchase Order from schools, institutions, and churches. Transactions with our company are deemed to have taken place in Indiana and are subject to the laws of this state and the United States. Our Fax is (877) 249-3624. When you supply us with a Purchase Order you are deemed to have entered into a binding contract and are expect to pay us within 30 days unless we have agreed otherwise. If we cannot find payment from you, and you believe that your bill has been paid, you agree to supply us with a copy of the cancelled check, front and back.
(4) Shipping is calculated during check-out but prior to completing the order. Shipping costs are based on weight and distance. In the final steps, you can always return to the shopping cart and add or delete items, abandon the order, or call us by telephone. Small orders are greatly affected by shipping companies per parcel charges and may seem outrageous. Bear in mind that UPS charges roughly $14.00 to send you an empty box.
(5) Online Security. When you use the shopping cart, you will be on a secure server using the SSL protocol. This means that your credit card information will be encrypted and passed to the server in a form that is impossible to intercept. Your Credit Card information is processed by the credit card provider and except for phone orders is not obtained or stored by us.
(6) Canada and Other Countries - Shipping is based on International Flat Rate Shipping costs. We are unaware of additional fees, VAT, brokerage or other charges which you may have to pay upon receipt of our blocks. We ship our toy blocks as "Gifts," but we ship cubes and craft parts as general merchandise. We will not accept returns of merchandise during the period of COVID-19.
(7) Sales Tax - We do not charge for Sales Tax. In Indiana we bear this cost ourselves as many of our customers are schools which gets matters in a tangle as they don't pay tax anyway. However, your state may require you to pay use tax and it is your responsibility to comply with such laws and regulations.
Calls: We will accept calls during business hours most weekdays Central Time at 1-877-606-4374 (toll free).
Our Prices: Our prices for Premium Blocks and Firsts & Seconds are for kiln dried domestic Hard Maple. Our craft cubes may be made of Maple, Alder, Poplar, Birch, or other kiln-dried hardwoods. We also sell some economy parts of Pine.
Guarantee: Our Hard Maple toy blocks are unconditionally guaranteed to the original owner or recipient as to materials and workmanship. Wear and tear aside, we will cheerfully replace defective, cracked, or broken blocks free-of-charge as long as you own the blocks, including shipping, though we may require you to provide photographs or other evidence of the problem.
Sets: The contents of sets is determined by the list given on the page where you purchased your blocks. In the event of minor changes, there may be some differences between the pictures portraying the sets and the actual contents. In this event the list provided is the determinant of the final contents.
Damage: Damage incurred in transit is the responsibility of the carrier and we will cheerfully help you make claims to replace merchandise that arrives in damaged condition. We will not accept returns of merchandise during the period of COVID-19.
Returns: We will not accept returns during the period of Covid-19. However, all of our usual guarantees apply and we will cheerfully rectify any problems with your order (cracked blocks, etc.) at our expense.
Very Large Cubes: Very Large Craft Cubes are different than smaller ones. They are made at the extremes of both drying and machining and they cannot be made as precisely as smaller cubes. They are as close as possible to perfectly square and as close as possible to their nominal size and they have as few defects as possible – but they aren’t all the same and show greater variance in these things than smaller cubes. We will not accept returns of merchandise during the period of COVID-19.
Pine Parts: Pine parts are an economy block. They are made from lumber store lumber. However, they may suffer from some shrinkage, warping in varying humidity, or other problems associated with the material. Finishing will often solve these problems. However, we cannot be responsible for material changes that occur over time as this living material adjusts to your shop or home.
Shipping: We ordinarily ship in a plain, unmarked cardboard box by UPS (Continental US and Canada) or USPS Priority Mail (Guam, USVI, Alaska, etc.). We ship to the address you give us, and you are responsible for providing accurate zip codes, addresses, suite numbers, apartment numbers and the like or notifying us of any peculiarities in your address (e.g. The post office does not deliver to your address). Incorrect addresses may incur extra charges and you agree to pay these if the address you have provided is incorrect or undeliverable. Delivery times are not a guarantee, and we cannot control shipping hold-ups, delivery times, customs hold-ups, or special problems with delivery. Our responsibility to you is limited to conveying your blocks to a common carrier promptly.
Outside the US: Shipping is based on International Flat Rate Shipping costs. We are unfamiliar with additional fees, VAT, brokerage or other charges which you may have to pay upon receipt of our blocks. We ship our toy blocks as "Gifts". We will not accept returns of merchandise during the period of COVID-19. We will provide you with whatever tracking information is available and we will try to help you track late or missing parcels. But you agree that our responsibility is ended when we convey your blocks to the common carrier here in the USA and we are not responsible for theft, loss or other problems with out-of-country shipping services.
Questions? - 1-877-606-4374 (toll free)