How to Order Wooden Blocks and Blocks Toys
Timing: We try to ship orders for block kits the same day (order before noon). Blocks will arrive everywhere in the US in five working days, most places sooner. Order before noon, Monday, and it will be there by Friday. You can order in a number of ways:
(1) Online using the secure Shopping Cart (VISA, MC, AMEX, DISCOVER). This is by far the easiest and most reliable way to order. It assures that the errors inherent in phone orders are eliminated because you do the typing, it avoids bad connections, and it allows you to order 24/7. Our shopping cart will allow you to use VISA, MC, DISC, AMEX, PayPal, e-check, check or Purchase Order.
(2) By telephone at 1-877-606-4374 (toll free). A real person is available during most business hours and there are no buttons to push. We like to talk about our blocks. By telephone, we accept AMEX, MC, DISCOVER, VISA, CHECK, or even ship COD. All special requests (expedited shipping, overseas orders, more than one recipient) are best handled by telephone during business hours. We are located in Indiana (CST).
(3) By Purchase Order from schools, institutions, and churches. View our Purchase Order Link at left to learn the drill. We will happily provide W9s or other information on request. Transactions with our company are deemed to have taken place in Indiana and are subject to the laws of this state and the United States.
(4) Using PayPal. The shopping cart allows you to use PayPal. However, we are required to maintain a database of our toy customers by law and you must complete the address information on the web site before going to PayPal.
(5) Shipping is calculated during check-out but prior to completing the order. In the final steps, you can always return to the shopping cart and add or delete items, abandon the order, or call us by telephone prior to giving your credit card information. Shipping outside the US is also calculated by the shopping cart. In rare instances, we may have to adjust shipping outside the US if the shopping cart gets the hiccups. If this should occur, we will contact you before making any changes.
(6) Online Security. When you use the shopping cart, you will be transferred to a secure server using the SSL protocol. This means that your credit card information will be encrypted and passed to the server in a form that is impossible to intercept. Following this, orders are amalgamated, and then credit card numbers are permanently erased from the secure server.
(7) Canada and Other Countries - Canadian and offshore customers can order on the Internet using the shopping cart or by telephone. Sales to Canada or other countries may require you to pay tax (VAT) on delivery. This is usually not levied on gifts, but we cannot collect such taxes or anticipate the policies governing your local customs or laws. 1-877-606-4374 (toll free) .
(8) Sales Tax - State Sales taxes are payable by residents of Indiana only. However, your state may require you to pay use tax and it is your responsibility to comply with these laws and regulations.
Calls: We will accept calls during business hours most weekdays Central Time at 1-877-606-4374 (toll free).
Our Prices: Our prices for premium blocks and first & seconds are for genuine Hard Maple. Our Beech blocks are made of virgin Beechwood.
Damage in shipping: The common carrier is responsible for damages that occur during shipping to you, though we are responsible for making such claims. Please note damages to the package when it arrives and notify us immediately if damages are noted after opening the parcel. Do not return damaged parcels before contacting us as we will not refund amounts for returned items that are received damaged.
Guarantee: Our Hard Maple blocks are unconditionally guaranteed to the original owner or recipient as to materials and workmanship. We will cheerfully replace defective, cracked, or broken blocks free-of-charge as long as you own the blocks, including shipping, though we may require you to return the damaged blocks to us at your expense. Blocks will suffer minor problems from ordinary wear and tear including chipped corners and other dings and we cannot guarantee against damage that is the result of this rough play.
Damage incurred in transit is the responsibility of the carrier and we will help you make claims to replace merchandise that arrives in damaged condition. Do not return parcels that are damaged as doing so may jeopardize a refund or replacement. Be sure to note damage to the outer packaging or boxes. Save the the boxes and packing materials in case the carrier requires them. Contact us immediately and we will handle the matter for you.
We will accept returns of new blocks within thirty days of receipt by the customer or recipient for any reason. Returns must be adequately packed and arrive in like new condition. We will not refund amounts for merchandise returned to us in damaged condition, but we will help you file claims for blocks damaged in transit. We will not refund shipping costs unless, in our opinion, the blocks are markedly defective, beyond the bounds of our customary manufacture, and the problem cannot be remedied by replacing defective blocks.
We also sell economy blocks manufactured by Melissa and Doug. Those blocks are guaranteed by their manufacturer and you should see them for specifics. We do not accept returns of these blocks and problems should be referred to the manufacturer only. Return information can be found here: http://www.melissaanddoug.com/orderinginfo.phtml
Shipping: We ordinarily ship in a cardboard box by UPS (Continental
US and Canada) or USPS Priority Mail (Guam, USVI, Alaska, etc.). We
ship to the address you give us, and you are responsible for
providing accurate zip codes, addresses, suite numbers, apartment
numbers and the like or notifying us of any peculiarities in your
address (e.g. The post office does not deliver to your address). Incorrect addresses may incur extra charges.
Blocks typically arrive everywhere in the US in five working days or
less. Shipping to Canada and other countries is by Priority
Mail (4 to
10 days). These times are not a guarantee, and we cannot control shipping hold-ups, delivery times, customs hold-ups,
problems with delivery. Our promise is limited to conveying your blocks to a common carrier
Questions? - 1-877-606-4374 (toll free)